I’ve been admiring other people’s Blind Date with a Book displays for a while now and finally got around to doing my own for February. Our customers have been intrigued by it and I’ve had to wrap up more and more books to keep filling the display, so that’s a sign of success! Even better is that it’s given us another good excuse to chat with people about books.
In true library tradition I used packing paper from our new book deliveries, cut out a red heart for each one and wrote three words or phrases to summarise each book. I copied the format from Moorhead Public Library in Minnesota, so many thanks!
Other Valentine’s Day displays I like:
- Fall in Love with a Good Book (schoollibrarydisplays.blogspot.co.uk)
- Library Book Display: Valentine’s Day (thedoor2doorlibrarian.com))
- Made for Each Other (schoollibrarydisplays.blogspot.co.uk)
- Valentine’s Day at the Library (brinoahslittleworld.blogspot.co.uk)
- Words from the Heart (aglasshalf-full.com)